13 December 2011

Shotgun Shell Wreath

Thank you pinterest, for jump starting the creative side of my brain!  I went out to the range to shoot skeet this past weekend and remembered the super cute shotgun shell wreaths I saw on pinterest.  So, of course, I felt the need to collect a bunch of shells in hopes of creating something wonderful!

I wanted my wreath to look a little different from these ones I've seen before:



Things you need:
-Shotgun shells
-Wreath (I purchased mine at the dollar store)
-Floral wire
-Ribbon / tulle / raffia / etc.

Instructions:
1. Drill a hole in each shotgun shell ~1/2 in from the top using the smallest bit you can find.  Continue drilling through the other side of the shell.

2. String six shells onto a piece of floral wire making sure to fasten the ends--I shoved mine back through the first hole.

 
4. Attach shells to wreath using floral wire.
5. Tie a ribbon to top of wreath.  I wish I had raffia, but I had leftover tulle from making tutus.




No comments:

Post a Comment